Here’s a really simple art lesson that you can pull out of the bag when you’re having a busy week.
- Paper and pencil
- Colouring pencils
- Fine black markers.
- 30cm ruler.
- Trace your hand onto a piece of paper.
- Starting at the bottom of the page, draw straight lines 1cm apart, horizontally across the page, skipping over the hand itself so that you have two sets of lines. Use the bottom of the ruler rather than the top to draw the line, so that you can see the lines you have previously drawn. Don’t draw through the hand!
- Join each set of lines together by drawing a curvy line, freehand, to connect them.
- Trace over the lines you have drawn using a fine black marker. Do not trace the outline of the hand.
- Choose two contrasting colours and shade in between the lines.
Here’s a video of the process, and a look at what your 3D hands will (hopefully!) look like:
Hope this helps, and good luck!